Craft 3 has the same requirements as Craft 2, with the following exceptions:
- PHP 5.6 or later
- MySQL 5.5 or later
- Intl Extension (optional) – Enables support for all locales supported by the ICU library.
You can install a fresh copy of Craft 3 using the same installation instructions as Craft 2. The only exception is that you should upload the public/cpresources/ folder to your web root, and ensure that the folder is writable by PHP.
Updating from Craft 2 #
If you have a Craft 2 site, you can update it to Craft 3 Dev Preview by following these steps:
- Ensure that your Craft installation is running Craft 2.6.2788 or later.
- Download the latest version of Craft 3 Dev Preview.
- Replace your site’s craft/app/ folder with the new one in the zip.
- Refresh your Control Panel and click the “Finish up” button.
Craft 3 Dev Preview should not be used for actual projects.