Plain Text Fields
Plain Text fields give you either a normal text input or a multi-line textarea, where plain text can be entered.
Plain Text fields have the following settings:
- UI Mode – How the field should be presented in the control panel. (Defaults to “Normal”, can be “Enlarged”.)
- Placeholder Text – The field’s placeholder text, to be displayed if the field has no value yet.
- Field Limit – The maximum number of characters or bytes the field is allowed to have. (Accepts a number and a unit, which defaults to “Characters” with another option for “Bytes”.)
- Use a monospaced font – Whether field contents should be displayed in a monospaced font.
- Allow line breaks – Whether to allow line breaks in this field.
# The Field
Plain Text fields will either show a normal text input or a multi-line textarea, depending on whether Allow line breaks was checked.
Calling a Plain Text field in your templates will return the value that was entered in the field.