You can use the official server check (opens new window) script to quickly find out if your server meets Craft’s requirements.
# Minimum System Specs
- PHP 8.0.2+
- MySQL 5.7.8+ with InnoDB, MariaDB 10.2.7+, or PostgreSQL 10+
- 256MB+ memory allocated to PHP
- 200MB+ free disk space
- Composer 2.0+
# Recommended System Specs
- PHP 8.1+
- MySQL 5.7.8+ with InnoDB, or PostgreSQL 10+
- 512MB+ of memory allocated to PHP
- 200MB+ of free disk space
# Required PHP Extensions
- BCMath (opens new window)
- ctype (opens new window)
- cURL (opens new window)
- GD (opens new window) or ImageMagick (opens new window)
- iconv (opens new window)
- Intl (opens new window)
- JSON (opens new window)
- Multibyte String (opens new window)
- OpenSSL (opens new window)
- PCRE (opens new window)
- PDO MySQL Driver (opens new window) or PDO PostgreSQL Driver (opens new window)
- PDO (opens new window)
- Reflection (opens new window)
- SPL (opens new window)
- Zip (opens new window)
- DOM (opens new window)
We recommend ImageMagick over GD for expanded image handling options.
# Optional PHP Methods and Configurations
Some shared hosting environments disable certain common PHP methods and configurations that affect Craft features.
- allow_url_fopen (opens new window) must be enabled for updating and installing plugins from the Plugin Store.
- proc_* (opens new window) methods must be enabled in order to utilize the Plugin Store, install updates, and send emails.
- ignore_user_abort (opens new window) must be enabled for the default, web-based queue runner to operate.
For Craft to run properly, PHP needs to be able to write to the following files and folders:
The exact permissions depend on the relationship between the system user that PHP runs as and the owner of the folders and files:
- If they’re the same user, use
- If they’re in the same group, use
- If neither of the above options describe your setup, something may have been misconfigured. Consider reaching out to your system administrator for support.
Specifics may vary from platform to platform or host to host! Consult your development or hosting environment’s documentation for more information.
Never set permissions to
777 in a shared environment or on a live site, and never run your HTTP server (or PHP) as
# Required Database User Privileges
The database user you tell Craft to connect with must have the following privileges:
# Control Panel Browser Requirements
# Windows and macOS
- Firefox 67+
- Chrome 63+
- Safari 11.1+
- Edge 79+
- iOS: Safari 11+
- Android: Chrome 81+ or Firefox 68+