You can customize Craft Commerce beyond configuration by introducing your own code in several ways:
- Using template hooks to add your own UI elements to Commerce views in the control panel.
- Writing a plugin or module that uses events to customize functionality as classes are registered and things happen in the order lifecycle, including:
- Registering custom adjusters to modify pricing.
- Registering custom shipping methods.
- Registering additional purchasables.
- Customizing or replacing the tax engine.
- Writing custom plugins that add support for additional payment gateways.