Server Requirements #
Craft requires the following:
- PHP 5.3.0 or later with safe mode disabled
- MySQL 5.1.0 or later, with the InnoDB storage engine installed
- A web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- A minimum of 32MB of memory allocated to PHP
- A minimum of 20MB of free disk space
- A minimum of 1MB of database space
If you’re using MySQL 5.7.5+, give this a read and save yourself a headache.
Required PHP Extensions #
Craft requires the following PHP extensions to be enabled:
- Reflection Extension
- PCRE Extension
- SPL Extension
- PDO Extension
- PDO MySQL Extension
- Mcrypt Extension
- GD Extension with FreeType Support (unless ImageMagick Extension is installed)
- OpenSSL Extension
- Multibyte String Extension
- JSON Extension
- crypt() with BLOWFISH_CRYPT enabled
Optional PHP Extensions #
- DOM Extension - Used to parse RSS feeds.
- iconv Extension – Adds support for more character encodings than PHP’s built-in mb_convert_encoding() function, which Craft will take advantage of when converting GET and POST request parameters to UTF-8.
- ImageMagick Extension – Adds animated GIF support to Craft, and preserves 8-bit and 24-bit PNGs when creating image transforms, rather than converting them to 32-bit.
If you’re unsure about whether your server meets the minimum requirements, just try installing Craft anyway. If there’s an issue, the installer will let you know!
Required MySQL User Privileges #
The MySQL user you tell Craft to connect with must have the following privileges:
CP Browser Requirements #
Craft’s control panel requires a modern browser:
Windows and OS X #
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 28 or later
- Safari 9.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- iOS: Safari 9.1 or later
- Android: Chrome 4.4 or later
Craft’s CP browser requirements have nothing to do with your actual website. If you’re a glutton for punishment and want your website to look flawless on IE 6, that’s your choice.