About Craft CMS
Craft is a flexible, user-friendly CMS for creating custom digital experiences on the web and beyond.
- An intuitive, user-friendly control panel for content creation and administrative tasks.
- A clean-slate approach to content modeling and front-end development that doesn’t make any assumptions about your content or how it should be consumed.
- A built-in Plugin Store with hundreds of free and commercial plugins (opens new window), all just a click away.
- A robust framework for module and plugin development.
- An active, vibrant community (opens new window).
You can learn all about it at craftcms.com (opens new window).
# Tech Specs
Craft is a self-hosted PHP application, built on Yii 2 (opens new window). It can connect to MySQL and PostgreSQL for content storage. Templating is powered by Twig (opens new window).
# Diving In
If you’re new to Craft CMS the best place to start is the tutorial.
To start getting acquainted with how content modeling works in Craft, read Entries and Fields.
Before installing, check out the Server Requirements and Installation Instructions.
Finally, read the Front-End Development section when you’re ready to start building out the front-end of your site or application.