In the same way Craft CMS provides a platform for flexible content management, Craft Commerce provides a platform for creating custom ecommerce experiences.
It does this by providing...
- Purchasable elements sold via Carts and Orders, using Adjusters to modify pricing.
- Additional customer details for Craft’s Users with the ability for guests to smoothly transition to member accounts.
- A checkout flow that can integrate with payment, tax and shipping systems.
- A suite of tools for things like currency conversion, sales, discounts, order emails and PDFs.
- Exposing Events that can be used to customize functionality.
Because Craft Commerce is built on Craft CMS, most Craft features can be integral to the ecommerce experience:
- Custom fields.
- Powerful relationships, search, and fine-grained permissions.
- Flexible front ends using Twig and/or GraphQL.