2017 was a great year for Craft. We experienced tremendous growth, hosted our first conference, moved the HQ into a new office space, and grew the team by 3 people. Here are some of the highlights from Craft’s best year to date:
- 5,000 Craft CMS licenses and 300 Craft Commerce licenses were purchased in 2017 (up from 3,900 Craft CMS licenses and 210 Craft Commerce licenses in 2016).
- We donated over $50,000 in licenses to non-profits.
- Craft Slack grew to over 5,600 accounts.
- 12,000 public domains started running on Craft CMS (including 1,100 running Craft 3), bringing the total number of public domains running Craft to over 35,000.
- 230 public domains started using Craft Commerce, bringing the total number of public domains running Craft Commerce to over 500.
- Some pretty amazing Craft sites went live, including ProPublica, Moz.com, and Duck Brand, just to name a few.
- We hosted the first Dot All conference in Portland, which was attended by over 160 members of the Craft community.
- We released the first Craft 3 Beta update in January, and the first Release Candidate update in December.
- The Craft Plugin Store made its debut with Craft 3 RC1, with 125 Craft 3 plugins by the end of the year.
None of this would have been possible without the support of our community, for which we’re truly grateful! Thanks for making 2017 such an amazing year!
2018 is off to a great start, too. Here are just a few things to look forward to:
- Sam Hernandez just joined the team as our Director of Technical Services, bringing the team size up to 10!
- We’re starting to work with Parliament on branding. By the time we’re done, clients will be asking you to use Craft!
- Craft 3 and Commerce 2 are launching on 4/4/2018.
- We’re taking Dot All to Europe this Fall. (Details coming soon!)
Check out Brandon’s keynote from Dot All 2017 for more about the state of Craft and what's coming this year!