It’s a very exciting and busy time here at Craft, and we’re thrilled to announce that today, along with the release of Craft 3 and the Plugin Store, we’re releasing Craft Commerce 2 Beta into the wild. Here’s what’s new in Commerce 2 Beta:
- Built for Craft 3. Commerce 2 has been completely rewritten for Craft 3.
- Subscriptions. The most-requested Commerce feature is finally here. You can now accept recurring payments in Commerce 2 (requires Stripe).
- Promotions for all purchasable types. Sales and discounts aren’t limited to just products anymore. You can apply them to plugin-supplied purchasable types as well.
- Promotions for categories. You can now set categories on your sales and discounts, which will apply the promotion to all purchasables that are related to that category.
- Multi-add. Commerce 2 supports adding multiple purchasables to the cart at once.
- Extensibility improvements. Plugins and modules can do more with Commerce 2 than ever before.
- Primary addresses. Give customers the ability to set their primary billing and shipping addresses, rather than having Commerce assume they want to use their last-used addresses.
- Gateway plugins. Now all supported gateways have been moved into their own plugins, so they don’t add a bunch of cruft to the core code, and they can be maintained individually.
- Location, location, location. Share the location of your store with plugins that need it, like shipping integration plugins.
Where can I get it?
Commerce 2 is available in the Craft Plugin Store (powered by Commerce 2!), where it can be downloaded as a trial, and purchased.
Can I use it in production?
Technically yes, but keep a close eye on the changelog when updating, and watch out for breaking changes.
How long will the Beta last?
We expect Beta to last about 6 months, but don’t hold us to that!
What about Commerce Lite?
Commerce Lite will be released alongside Commerce 2.0 GA, if not sooner.